R & M Steel Company Caldwell, Idaho
Database Developer, Web Developer, Marketing, Human Resource Representative,
Project Manager & Outside Sales
January 2011 – November 2022 (contractor to employee)
- Database developer responsibilities were developing, administering, and troubleshooting several Access and SQL databases that can process large amounts of information. Using code and web architecture to design data systems, analyze and maintain existing databases while implementing new user features. Documentation and end-user training. Maintain and support CNC database and CNC machines. Integrated R & M Steel’s requirements into ASC CNC database.
- Created an interactive quote form that was connected to internal database feeding new leads to the sales team.
- Created an interactive color visualizer to assist customers in choosing colors for their building
- Designed and implemented building project gallery.
- Digital marketing responsibilities were performing market research, strategizing with other marketing professionals and creating content to aid in the success of marketing campaigns including print, Google, and Facebook ads. Posted ads on employment websites and completed pre-employment screening.
- Project manager obligations were to reorganize production flow and schedule that would allow the team to work together. Delegated tasks to team members. Trained new employees in workflow and tasks.
- Created a unified list for all team members to work from to ensure the production and delivery of metal buildings to meet the needs of the customer.
- Followed up with each department to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Communicated with the customers on changes to the project.
- Ensured delivery of the project.
- Outside sales and tradeshow exhibitor include traveling the United States to 12 tradeshows per year.
- Plan tradeshows and travel.
- Design & set up tradeshow booth.
- Greet customers and provide product knowledge and benefits using visual aid such as brochures, flyers, videos and project photos.
- Answering questions and resolving customer concerns.
- Provide budget quotes, obtain leads and follow-up on leads.
- Disassemble the booth at the end of the show.
- Follow-up with customer until there is no longer an interest or the sale is closed.
Swan Falls Technology Kuna, Idaho
Web Developer, Marketing, Database Developer
March 2010 – January 2022
- Web developer duties were creating and maintaining websites on various platforms such as: WordPress, Shopify, Presta Shop. Working with customers from start to finish of project, then providing maintenance and support for the life of the customer. Ensuring websites were mobile friendly and secure.
- Set up Linux web servers and prepare them for multiple websites.
- Worked with several customers at their facilities and remotely. Collected design criteria, created a web design, developed the customer’s dream website.
- Created many custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Added audio and video to websites
- Developed eCommerce websites and integrated stripe payment system into websites.
- Developed live portal for video chat.
- Updated and secured servers & websites on a regular basis.
- Database developer responsibilities were developing, administering, and troubleshooting MySQL, Access databases.
- Using VBA and PHP code to create databases, analyze and maintain existing databases while implementing new user features.
- Designed a relational database that managed quotes, project management and production process for a customer.
- Created queries, forms and reports.
- Migration and backup of databases.
- Documentation and end-user training.
- Marketing tasks were completing market research and competitor tracking for website customers.
- Completed search engine optimization for websites.
- Registered websites with search engines and local business directories
- Wrote digital ads for social media and search engines.
- Created event advertising flyers.
- Designed print marketing material.
Walmart Vision Center Meridian, Idaho
ABO Certified Optician
February 2007 – June 2008
Assisted the Optometrist with prescreening eyecare patients. Upon the completion of the exam, the patient was fitted with glasses or contacts if needed. Dispensed, adjusted customer’s glasses and resolved any issues the customer may have had.
Safelite Optical Jacksonville, Florida
Regional Manager, Licensed Optician, Database Developer
February 2003 – November 2006
Regional manager responsibilities included setting up optical shops inside VA medical centers throughout Virginia, North Carolina and Florida. Recruiting, hiring and training opticians to run the optical shop. Monitor the performance of each shop. Regularly audit shops to prevent financial loss.
Licensed optician obligations were working as an optician in the optical shops when employees were not available to work.
Database developer tasks were designing and creating a database that was used by the employees to report their sales and time worked to the home office.
Lens Crafters Richmond, Fairfax & Winchester, Virginia
General Manager, Retail Manager, Licensed Optician
June 1989 – June 2000
General Manager obligations included overseeing 1 hour production while ensuring
that the highest quality standards were met.
- Creating teams that could work together to reach goals.
- Hiring team members.
- Scheduling staff to ensure excellent customer service without excessive payroll.
- Training team on the latest techniques.
- Team building exercises.
- Providing feedback to managers and team members on performance.
- Meeting goals of 25% profit growth every year.
- Monitoring the profit & loss statement to ensure that sales goals were met.
- Auditing financial reports to prevent financial loss.
- Traveling to fill in for minimally staffed stores.